Israel Returns to Night Raids in Ni’lin – 4 people arrested

Last night the Israeli army again raided our village. They approached us from four sides and moved in by foot. We weren’t allowed to leave our houses; they positioned snipers everywhere to make sure that anyone who tried to escape would be shot.

Quickly, around 50 soldiers went to the house of Muhammed Ahmed Amireh. He is the brother of Yousuf, who got shot with three rubber bullets in his head in 2008, during a demonstration against the wall. He died 4 days later in the hospital. His brother Muhammed is only 17 years old. 50 soldiers surrounded the house of his family. They entered it forcefully, broke a lot of furniture and created a mess inside the house. Then they arrested Muhammed and took him outside. He was handcuffed and tied up when they started beating and kicking him very hard. His mother had to watch it; she screamed and tried to stop them, to no avail. Bleeding, they took him to the fields, where they parked their military jeeps.

After that, around 30 soldiers went to the house of the 45-year-old Othman Risiqe Rasheed Amireh. 6 weeks ealier the military already came to Othman’s house. Back then, they took pictures inside his house and demolished his furniture. Tonight they arrested him. His wife, is is suffering from cancer, had to watch her husband being taken away by the Israeli soldiers.

A little later, 7 military jeeps entered our village, and arrested 18-years-old Tarik Hassan Tawfeeq Mesleh and 20-years-old Asad Muhammed Abdulfattah Nafi. They are both students at the University; by arresting them and putting them to jail, they are destroying their future.

The Israeli soldiers are very very brutal during the night raids, using a lot of violence against us. We always have to fear the worst. As in 2008, when they shot 32-years-old Ayid Srour in the eye with a rubber bullet. All he did was screaming at the soldiers, while they were brutally arresting his brother Aqel. Ayid lost his eye-sight because of this.

Muhammed's brother Yousef Amireh who got shot in the head and died after 4 days in the hospital

Ayed Srour who was shot with a rubber bullet. All he did was screaming at the soldiers, while they were brutally arresting his brother Aqel.

And in 2009, Aqel lost his life while he tried to rescue 16-year-old Muhammed Atya, who got shot in the stomach with life ammunition during a demonstration. Aqel did nothing else but trying to save the boy’s life and in a senseless act of military violence, he got shot in his heart with life ammunition and died.

We don’t know why they arrested these four men. But then again, we know that they don’t need a reason to arrest any of us. They just come at night time and take us away and put us in jail, without giving us any reason. This already happened so many times before, that we’re no longer scared. It’s already happened so many times that it’s part of our life. Almost as if it were normal. It’s very painful to see my little brothers grow up in a world were soldiers entering our houses in the middle of the night, destroying our homes, beating us, arresting us for no reason, even killing us, is normal. It makes me very sad.

About Saeed Amireh

My name is Saeed Ibrahim Amireh, I am 18 years old and I have been born and raised in Ni'lin, in the Westbank. During the summertime, I love to sleep on the rooftop of our house. When I see the beautiful stars, I dream to travel to far away places and meet people from all over the world. I can see the Mediterranean Sea from our roof. Often, I imagine what it is like to be at the beach and see the sun go down. I have never been to the sea because Israel does not allow us to go there. One week before the final exams in 12th grade, Israeli soldiers raided our house in the middle of the night, locked the whole family but me in a room, beat me, destroyed my room and arrested me. I was in jail for 4 months. They kept me in a small cell in complete darkness, with mice and cockroaches everywhere. They beat, threatened, and interrogated me constantly. To this date I know nothing about why they even arrested me, other than to punish my father for his non-violent activity in the "Popoular Committee Against The Wall". I've always dreamt to study and become a communication engineer. But since my father is in jail, me and my older brother have to work and take care of our mother and our small siblings. I miss my father so much, I would give anything for him to be free. But I am not even allowed to go and visit him in jail. Only my mother is allowed; she could go visit him for the first time after he was imprisoned for 4 months. Like all the villagers of Ni'lin, I wish I could taste the flavour of freedom just once.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Israel Returns to Night Raids in Ni’lin – 4 people arrested

1. Rada says:

What you wrote brought tears to my eyes. You write so beautifully but else I took part in some Ni’lin demos in spring last year and they were firing live bullets from the roof tops than too. It was so scary. What you have to go through every day and every night is unbelievable. I hope you can stay positive and strong and be free one day – all of you who survive the murderous brutality of the disgusting Israeli army. There are many people around the world who are with you in their hearts and minds. In solidarity Rada

• Saeed Amireh says:

thank you so much rada for your reply.its an honour to have you here to be update with the situation in ni’lin village.and i hope you can visit us again and you are so welcome too.
      its also nice to see witness here on our blog too to show the people who think that there is nothing happening in ni’lin that they are wrong and we have to stope this suffering and to stope israel from its crimes against us here in ni’lin village.because what they do no one can help it.its incredible and no one can imagin the violance of the occupation forces against us here in ni’lin village specially.

thank you so much for encouraging us dear rada and off course we will not stope and we will continue our struggle until we tear the wall down and pleastine become free.
      god bless you

2. Saeed Amireh says:

god bless you

3. Morten Sortodden says:

It so sad to hear what is happening to you in Ni’lin. I am so happy I attended your demonstration 10 days ago, and I will tell everyone what is happening with you. In solidarity from Norway
    Morten

• Saeed Amireh says:

thank you so much morten.
      it was a honour to having you in our town and your join to us in the struggle for the right against the aparthied wall.we thank you so much.and yes we hope everyone do like you too and show the whole world what is the truth of israel.

kind regards my friend

4. antonella says:

QUESTE IMMAGINI FANNO MALE AL CUORE NON E’ POSSIBILE NEL 2010 VEDERE ANCORA QUESTI MASSACRI E TUTTO QUESTO ODIO INGIUSTIFICATO !!!!!

5. Pingback: Israel Returns to Night Raids in Ni’lin – 4 people arrested Posted on October 5, 2010 by Saeed Amireh

6. Miri barak says:

I am deeply sorry and moved by what you wrote. I am an Israeli-Jew and so ashamed of what my country is doing that I have started hating it. Hating our army, hating our politicians, hating our news which are so one-sided. You are real heroes to be abel to stand on your human rights with such a risk to your life and future.
    I hope there will be an end to your suffering and lack of freedom and I hope we all live in one country with equal rights to all and will be able to visit each other freely.
    Take care Saeed, I hope you and your family and friend will be safe, and your father who is in jail.

• Saeed Amireh says:

its ok miri,dont say sorry.you are afriend of us.i respect you and all my israeli friends who stand by the justice and peace too.
      the criminals who must pay and say sorry,not you.
      you are a good person.

thank you so much for caring about us my friend.
      may god bless you and protect you

7. Jack says:

Saeed, I have forwarded this to one of my colleagues on a speaking tour in America. I am hoping that he will be quoting your experience when he speaks about this situation.
    You are doing good work getting this all out and available for the education of people.
    Our first task is to remove the ignorance of people so they can see the truth. Best Wishes. Jack.

• Saeed Amireh says:

Dear jack,
      i wanna thank you so much for this.you know how much this means for us and how much its important for us to show the real truth about israel and its crimes against us.
      i promise to continue doing my best for my village ni’lin to show you as much as i can and inform you with everything happening here.

best wishes to you jack🙂

8. anniebannie says:

It is SO horrible and sad. How do you manage to endure all this ! And the world is watching and the world knows and does nothing.
    We are fighting with you but our means seem so small compared to the killing machine that is trying to eradicate you.
    Nevertheless, I know we are going to win this struggle. I am so sure.
    Be well and safe dear child

9. Robby Martin says:

Dear Saeed, The people of Ireland understand your despair and we will stand shoulder to shoulder with the Palestinian people until you are free from the oppression of the 21st century Nazi’s, the Zionist Israeli scum. More and more the world is seeing what the scum are really like thanks to the internet which their blood money cannot buy. A large convoy of aid, from many country’s is en route to Gaza, and if the scum try to stop it they will be isolated even more. America will soon have to end its support for the scum or they will also be isolated by the international community . The US has lost face by the lies told by the Bush administration for the reasons to invade Iraq and they cannot afford to lose any more by supporting the most hated nation in the world. I hope Palestine will soon be free my friend, Sala Alikom

• Saeed Amireh says:

thank you so much robby and thanks to all our friends in ireland too.
      we are confedent frm getting our freedom one day.such as you you got your freedom after more than 1000 year right?
      thank you so much again my friend and i hope the whole world will wake up and stop israel from its crimes against us.

10. Pingback: Impressionen einer Soli-Aktion für palästinensische Friedensaktivisten « Urs1798′s Weblog